Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Church and Montessori
So Sunday we tried out Sunday School at our new church, Alfred-Almond Bible Church. We also kept nursery for the first time ( i mean why not just jump right in, right?!) It all went great and after the Ladies Dinner last Friday at the church, I really felt like I knew some faces and had made some friends already. I have a feeling its going to be a wonderful class, and group. Lots of ages and they are just oozing with wisdom, I can tell. It was less discussion and more teaching from one person, but I hope that things will open up more later on (they have just begun a study on the book Brokenness). Aaron is going to a men's class and the kids to their particular age groups. We also attended a new-comers luncheon after service and were so warmly greeted and different elders and their wives sat at the tables to get to know everyone. It was so wonderful and this church, like our previous church at Hannaford Street, is so welcoming and loving! Its nice to have people remember your name and look for you every week to say they are glad to see you and hope you come back. After moving several times now, I will never overlook the power of greeters and those who really mean it and follow-up with you!
Also today, the kids and I are going to the Alfred Montessori School to look around and watch "circle-time" which they have everyday. I will be turning in some paperwork to get everything in order for them to start Oct. 5th if all the paperwork for my new job goes through in time. I am very excited for Reese and Knox to get some school experience and being with other kids more. Reese especially will enjoy the social time and is ready for some structured time with others and with more activities and learning than I can plan for right now. Knox will do great I am sure, but as he is my baby right now, I have a harder time being away from him. I know he will be fine, but he loves being with his mom and likes the comfort of having Reese near by so I think it will be a bigger challenge for him. Pray that they both will be brave and have stamina for the longer days away from mom and home.
Aaron has been doing fantastic in his semester so far. He is reading and writing alot along with studio work that is experimental and creative. He is exploring different building methods, other than his typical slab construction and is feeling its fresh effect on his studio habits. Fortunately he still gets to come home for dinner after being in the studio all day, but most nights he returns to it til about 10, 11 or 12. Those nights rotate with nights of reading for Art History class or seminar. He only has classes on Tuesday night and Wednesday (day). So the classes themselves are manageable. We thought he would be in class 8-5 everyday and studio would be only at night. But he gets to the studio around 8:30 every day and works most days all day on his work (WHICH HE LOVES!!!) So we are excited about our new season here. It all seems to be working out so well and we praise God for that! Keep us in your prayers !
We will be enjoying Betty and Lee's company from Thursday to Sunday and we are THRILLED to have family to see us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment