Saturday, September 17, 2011
new things
So last wednesday, the kids and I went to our first Alfred Moms playdate, hosted at a home. We followed our neighbor over to the hostess' house and were warmly greeted. There were about 8 moms who came and all of them were so so friendly and kind. There were lots of little boys and Knox loved walking around smiling at them all and saying hi. The hostess has two boys and lots of train sets, and Reese and Knox both LOVED playing with the "new" things laid out. There is another little girl, 3, whose Dad is doing the sculpture Masters program at Alfred. I talked to her mom, who is from Uraguay (and has the most amazing accent!), most of the time and we are going to their house for dinner on Sunday! They also had a Welcome Brunch for the new moms ( I was not the only new mom there), which was lovely. We stayed for an hour and a half of the two hour playdate and the kids social meters we reading close to overload so we headed out a bit early. Despite how mature and scheduled I felt as a mom for making this planned decision to leave early, somehow Reese consumed a total of three juice boxes over the course of the playdate and had a major sugar crash in the car on the way home! oh my, mom of the year, right here (was it really three juice boxes? for a kid who only gets water with a splash of juice twice a day, what a rush!). It was so much irrational, emotional outbursting, I couldnt help but feel bad for her. So she was sent to the back yard to calm down, which she did. but WOW! But after so much social time we all passed out at nap time, including myself. Why do socail events always wear me out? Its not like I ran laps while I was there! Just did some exhausting sipping coffee while reclining on the floor next to a train set, chatting ...phew I need a nap already! But overall, so glad I overcame my anxiety about being new and just went. We had a blast and made some new friends. We hope to go again as the playdates are every Wednesday 10-12 am.
Oh also..BIG NEWS I applied for a part-time job, Museum Assistant at Alfred University's International Museum of Ceramics and got a call yesterday that I am going to get an interview!!! I met the director last week informally and had a very pleasent chat with her about the Museum and the expectations of the job (it was more like an informal interview). I am really excited about this job as it is only three days a week, great hours, great pay, and in my field!!! There are not alot of job openingsin Alfred anyways, let alone one in my own field and under a mile away from home and childcare! Be praying if this is God's will that I would get this job and that the kids would transition well to going to school three days a week(wednesday-friday) @ the Montessori Program here. I am nervous about the possible life change, especially since the kids have always been with me during the day. So my interview is next Friday at 10 am, so be praying for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment